Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Andrew Black <ab...@roguewave.com> on 2006/11/10 23:20:59 UTC

Karma problem with svn account

Greetings

It appears to that the karma for my apache subversion account isn't set
up correctly to commit changes to the stdcxx project.  When I attempt to
check in a change using subversion, I receive a message similar to the
following:

> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: MKACTIVITY of '/repos/asf/!svn/act/ce55aeab-ea21-0410-b633-c6c676798799': 403 Forbidden (http://svn.apache.org)
> svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
> svn:    '/build/ablack/stdcxx/svn-commit.tmp'

I also receive a similar message when I try to access the committers
resources.  I am fairly certain that I am entering my password
correctly, as I am able to access the change-password page using it.

--Andrew Black

Re: Karma problem with svn account

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On 11/10/06, Andrew Black <ab...@roguewave.com> wrote:
> Greetings
>
> It appears to that the karma for my apache subversion account isn't set
> up correctly to commit changes to the stdcxx project.  When I attempt to
> check in a change using subversion, I receive a message similar to the
> following:
>
> > svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> > svn: MKACTIVITY of '/repos/asf/!svn/act/ce55aeab-ea21-0410-b633-c6c676798799': 403 Forbidden (http://svn.apache.org)
> > svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
> > svn:    '/build/ablack/stdcxx/svn-commit.tmp'
>
> I also receive a similar message when I try to access the committers
> resources.  I am fairly certain that I am entering my password
> correctly, as I am able to access the change-password page using it.

First off, you need to re-checkout under https.  And, I've just added
your karma bits for stdcxx (and to committers).  So, once you use SSL,
you should be good to go.  Please let me know if there's any further
issues.  -- justin