Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2018/06/28 17:30:25 UTC

Fwd: Mifos Interest Calculation Requirement

Forwarding this queries from Mani of Habile Technologies about interest
rate calculations in Mifos to the mailing lists.

Ed

From: Mani Parthasarathy <ma...@habile.in>
Date: Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 10:04 PM
Subject: Mifos Interest Calculation Requirement
To: Dhruv Shrivastava <dh...@gmail.com>
Cc: Hari Haran <ha...@habile.in>

Hi Dhruv,

Hope you are doing good!

We need a small clarification on Mifos X interest posting calculation. My
requirement is as follows:

1) Daily interest accruals have to be accounted at the back end.

2) The Interest calculation method is Monthly Diminishing method.

3) Monthly interest has to be added to loan outstanding balance on last day
of the month and it has to be credited to interest earned GL account.

4) EMI has to be apportioned to interest outstanding and balance to
principal.

For example,

EMI having 2 instalments as follows:

*Instalment 1:*

Due date:  05 February 2018

Principal: $900

Interest:  $300

Total:      $1200

*Instalment 2:*

Due date: 05 March 2018

Principal: $1000

Interest:  $200

Total:      $1200

Interest income posted on 31 January 2018 - $250 (Interest)

If the customer pays $1200 as repayment after 31st January 2018, EMI to be
apportioned $250 to interest and $950 to the principal. (It should not be
apportioned $300 to interest, It has to consider only the interest income
posted before the repayment date)

If the customer pays $1200 as repayment on or before 31st January 2018, EMI
to be apportioned $1200 to the principal. (It should not be apportioned
$300 to interest, It has to consider only the interest income posted before
the repayment date)

I hope you can help us to resolve this requirement. If you haven’t worked
in this area, I will be happy if you can connect with the right person. We
are ready to offer any complimentary offers if required!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mani Parthasarathy
Business & IT Consultant | Habile Technologies
www.habiletechnologies.com | (O): +91 44 4202 0550 | (M): + 91 90030 39994
Skype: mani.mitteam | https://www.facebook.com/HabileTechnologies
​
DISCLAIMER:
All emails and any files transmitted with them are confidential and
addressed. If you have received an email in error please notify your system
manager. The message in the email you have received contains confidential
information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not
the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy the
email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received
an email by mistake and delete the email from your system. If you are not
distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of the
information is strictly prohibited.
[image: Mailtrack]
Sender
notified by
Mailtrack
28/06/18,
22:03:42

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

Re: Mifos Interest Calculation Requirement

Posted by Santosh Math <sa...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
​HI Dhruv,

​   Please find  my inline responses: ​

> ​
>
> Hi Dhruv,
>
> Hope you are doing good!
>
> We need a small clarification on Mifos X interest posting calculation. My
> requirement is as follows:
>
> 1) Daily interest accruals have to be accounted at the back end.

​
 Set 'Interest Calculation  Period' as Daily in loan product level and 'Add
Periodic Accrual Transactions' job has to be  run daily(Generally, it's
automatically run or  you can run it manually too )​

> 2) The Interest calculation method is Monthly Diminishing method.

​         Set  Interest Method as 'Declining Balance'​ in loan product
level.

> 3) Monthly interest has to be added to
> ​​
> ​​
> loan outstanding balance on last day of the month and it has to be
> credited to interest earned G
> ​​
> L account.

​          ​

> ​
> ​
>
> ​​'
> loan outstanding balance' , do you mean  principal due?  All interest
> accrued  are credited  to asset account 'Interest Receivables'

​      https://staging.openmf.org/#/viewloanaccount/98 (under
Tr​ansactions tab, click on 6310 transaction)

> 4) EMI has to be apportioned to interest outstanding and balance to
> principal.

​

- As I understood from your example, any advance payments before due date
are highlighted under 'Advance'  in repayment schedule, but it won't be
apportioned whole to principal. It will be apportioned to both Principal
and Interest.

     https://staging.openmf.org/#/viewloanaccount/98 (under  Tr​ansactions
tab, check trasaction 6312, which is early repayment )

​Thanks

​    Santosh​

> ​
>

> For example,
>
> EMI having 2 instalments as follows:
>
> *Instalment 1:*
>
> Due date:  05 February 2018
>
> Principal: $900
>
> Interest:  $300
>
> Total:      $1200
>
> *Instalment 2:*
>
> Due date: 05 March 2018
>
> Principal: $1000
>
> Interest:  $200
>
> Total:      $1200
>
> Interest income posted on 31 January 2018 - $250 (Interest)
>
> If the customer pays $1200 as repayment after 31st January 2018, EMI to be
> apportioned $250 to interest and $950 to the principal. (It should not be
> apportioned $300 to interest, It has to consider only the interest income
> posted before the repayment date)
>
> If the customer pays $1200 as repayment on or before 31st January 2018,
> EMI to be apportioned $1200 to the principal. (It should not be apportioned
> $300 to interest, It has to consider only the interest income posted before
> the repayment date)
>
> I hope you can help us to resolve this requirement. If you haven’t worked
> in this area, I will be happy if you can connect with the right person. We
> are ready to offer any complimentary offers if required!
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Mani Parthasarathy
> Business & IT Consultant | Habile Technologies
> www.habiletechnologies.com | (O): +91 44 4202 0550 | (M): + 91 90030
> 39994
> Skype: mani.mitteam | https://www.facebook.com/HabileTechnologies
> -----------------
> ​
> DISCLAIMER:
> All emails and any files transmitted with them are confidential and
> addressed. If you have received an email in error please notify your system
> manager. The message in the email you have received contains confidential
> information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not
> the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy the
> email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received
> an email by mistake and delete the email from your system. If you are not
> the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
> distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of the
> information is strictly prohibited.
> [image: Mailtrack]
> <https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&> Sender
> notified by
> Mailtrack
> <https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&> 28/06/18,
> 22:03:42
>

> --
> *Ed Cable*
> President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

Thanks & Regards

Santosh Math

*QA Engineer*

*Conflux Technologies Pvt Ltd <http://www.confluxtechnologies.com/>*
| *Office*: +91-080-41208662 |

*Address*: #304, 2nd Floor, 7th Main Road, HRBR Layout 1st Block,
Bengaluru, Karnataka, 560043 INDIA