Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Miller <dm...@flashcom.net> on 2000/11/09 19:51:34 UTC

command does not work

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the <exec> command to run in my ant build.xml
file. The following simple example:

<exec dir="." executable="ls" os="Linux" output="dir.txt" />

produces a java.io.IOException. (...bin/antRun: not found...)

I am running ant version 1.2 on redhat linux 7. Everything else works great.
I actually want to do something more complicated with <exec> (datestamp my
jar'ed output and create a soft link to the successful build from within the
ant script for archiving purposes, which would require a much more
complicated, many worded "executable" command...)

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks,

-David-