Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by "Kitipov, Dobri" <Do...@softwareag.com> on 2007/05/03 14:32:57 UTC

Kandula2 some problems to be fixed

Hi,
What I am trying to do is to run a scenario (like CompletionCommitTest),
but with Axis2 v.1.2 running on Tomcat. As it is observable Kandula2 is
already based on Axis2 v1.2. During the tests it came out that there are
some problems available:

1) The first problem observed is in TransactionInHandler's method public
InvocationResponse invoke(MessageContext msgContext) throws AxisFault;
The problem is in the following lines:

		String wsaAction = msgContext.getWSAAction();
		if ((wsaAction !=
Constants.WS_COOR_CREATE_COORDINATIONCONTEXT)
				&& (wsaAction !=
Constants.WS_COOR_REGISTER)
				&& (wsaAction != Constants.WS_AT_COMMIT)
				&& (wsaAction !=
Constants.WS_AT_ROLLBACK))

The problem here is the usage of "!=" instead of !xStr.equals(yStr). If
in these lines two strings are compared that have one and the same run
of characters they are expected to be the same, so for example if
wsaAction = Constants.WS_COOR_CREATE_COORDINATIONCONTEXT => wsaAction ==
Constants.WS_COOR_CREATE_COORDINATIONCONTEXT should return TRUE (because
of the String pool used in Java). The problem is that String wsaAction =
msgContext.getWSAAction(); creates the String with new String("..."),
which makes the two Strings (with the same run of characters) to be
different when compared with "==".
That's why  "!=" should be replaced with !xStr.equals(yStr)? If so this
change should be propagated all over in the code.

2) The second problem observed is with the use of the following
constructor: new AxisFault(e); (see the same TransactionInHandler's
method public InvocationResponse invoke(MessageContext msgContext)
throws AxisFault) the problem is that this constructor is made protected
in the latest version of Axis2 and could not be used that way. We can
read in the JavaDoc of the mentioned constructor the following:

Construct a fault from a Throwable.  This is a protected constructor -
in general
to make an AxisFault from an Exception, you should be calling
AxisFault.makeFault(e),
which prevents AxisFaults within AxisFaults.

So AxisFault.makeFault(e) should be used instead.

3) It came out that the tags used in Module.xml file are case sensitive
(e.g. <outflow> should be written <OutFlow>), otherwise the given
handler is not invoked (and not viewed into the Axis2 Administration
page under the category "View Operation Specific Chains").

4) Currently we are suffering from some problems with the proper
creation of the SOAP messages exchanged. We will test and write you back
after some time, but it will be helpful if you can say when there will
be a "User Guide" available for Kandula2. Is there any resource that can
give us more detailed information how all these Contexts are used for
the proper creation of SOAP messages exchanged?

5) When Kandula2 is expected to be released? I know it will be around
July. More specific?

Thank you in advance!
Dobri Kitipov
Phone: +359 2 915 36-19 | Fax: +359 2 915 36-23
dobri.kitipov@softwareag.com
Software AG Development Centre Bulgaria EOOD
53-55 General Totleben Blvd. | 1606 Sofia | Bulgaria
www.softwareag.com <http://www.softwareag.com/>

Re: Kandula2 some problems to be fixed

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Thanx Dobri for reporting these errors... All were fixed in the latest
svn head.. I decided to fix the  Axis dependency of Kandula2 to the
Axis2 1.2 release...
> 4) Currently we are suffering from some problems with the proper creation of
> the SOAP messages exchanged. We will test and write you back after some
> time, but it will be helpful if you can say when there will be a "User
> Guide" available for Kandula2. Is there any resource that can give us more
> detailed information how all these Contexts are used for the proper creation
> of SOAP messages exchanged?
As I say always, I'll try my best to write those as soon as
*possible*... These days I'm pretty much tied up with couple of other
projects.. :(

> 5) When Kandula2 is expected to be released? I know it will be around July.
> More specific?
To be honest at this moment I do not have a planned date for the
release.. This is mainly due to the limitation of resources (time,
testing, etc.. ).. I would be happy to do the release even before
June, if there are *enthusiastic users* who are willing to give a hand
at least by testing... Main blockers for the release are the docs and
the testing...

Thanks,
Thilina

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.