Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Vikrama Sanjeeva <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/10 12:42:22 UTC

commit failed - No such file or directory

Hi,

1: Did backup of live repository as below:
hot-backup.py --archive-type=zip /my/svn/repo /my/svn/backup

2: Unzipped /my/svn/backup/repo-7.zip

3: checkout /my/svn/backup/repo-7  (using Tortoise)

4: On commit, am getting below error in Apache error_log
###############
 Can't create directory /my/svn/backup/repo-7/db/transactions/7-8.txn': No
such file or directory  [500, #2]
###############

*httpd.conf*:
         <Location /svn/bck>
          DAV svn
         SVNPath /my/svn/backup/repo-7
          AuthType Basic
          AuthName "Subversion repository"
          AuthUserFile /my/svn/users/svn-repo-auth-file
          Require valid-user
        </Location>

Please guide.

Bye,
Viki.

Re: commit failed - No such file or directory

Posted by Vikrama Sanjeeva <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Subversion 1.6.9 hosted on Solaris 5.10 and am using TortoiseSVN 1.6.7 on
WinXP Pro SP2

permissions on "/my/svn/backup/repo-7" is "chmod -R 777"  [so it should be
accessible by apache and all]

/my/svn/repo> ls
README.txt  conf        dav         db          format      hooks
locks

/my/svn/backup/repo-7> ls
README.txt  conf        db          format      hooks       locks

Only "dav" folder is missing in backup taken by "hot-backup.py"

size of "/my/svn/repo" 89K
size of "/my/svn/backup/repo-7" 81K

Bye,
Viki.