Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kevin O'Neil <ke...@verizon.net> on 2005/08/31 22:49:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Question about alias

Hello everyone,

I would really like help in figuring out how to do this.

I would like apache to alias all my domains images folders.

I have like 25 domains and they all use the same images folders of
/var/www/html/domain/images

Is there a way I can use the httpd.conf to alias the /images folder to point
to just one folder on the /var/www/html/images ?

It really is a waste of space to have them all have seperate image folders.

Thanks,
Kevin

PS

I am using apache Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server Linux WS3

Re: [users@httpd] Question about alias

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 8/31/05, Kevin O'Neil <ke...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I would really like help in figuring out how to do this.
>
> I would like apache to alias all my domains images folders.
>
> I have like 25 domains and they all use the same images folders of
> /var/www/html/domain/images
>
> Is there a way I can use the httpd.conf to alias the /images folder to point
> to just one folder on the /var/www/html/images ?

Yes.  Simply placing
Alias /images /var/www/html/images
outside of any <VirtualHost> section will make it apply to all virtual hosts.

Joshua.