Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Jochen Kemnade <ke...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/03 18:58:11 UTC

Creating a staging beta release

Hi,

I think it's time for a new beta and it's time for me to become familiar
with how to do that.
I think my machine is configured correctly now, I can build, sign and
upload the archives to Nexus (i.e. just did so: orgapachetapestry-1052).
But I'm not sure what to do next.
Yes, I've read the instructions at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAPESTRY/Release+Process,
but I'm not sure, which part of that applies to public releases only.
Do I just need to create a git tag and close the release in Nexus?

Jochen

Re: Creating a staging beta release

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Closing it makes it available via the Apache Staging URL:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging

Releasing only happens after a vote, and that causes the release to be
pushed up to Maven Central.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 6:08 AM, Jochen Kemnade <jo...@eddyson.de>
wrote:

> Am 08.04.2015 um 18:39 schrieb Howard Lewis Ship:
>
>> I'm reviewing the rules.  I generate a lot of preview releases (never to
>> be
>> voted on) for clients.
>>
>> For that, I stop after "Generate the Release".
>>

> That's what I meant, thanks. I wasn't sure about the consequences of
> closing a release in Nexus. Maybe I'll give that another try tonight.
>

>> I can expand the docs; to close a release you click its checkbox and
>> choose
>> "close" from the toolbar. At that point, you provide a name, "Apache
>> Tapestry 5.4-beta-xx preview release".
>>
>> For a beta release, skip the "Update JIRA and generate release notes"
>> step.
>>
>> Hope that helps!
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 1:31 AM, Jochen Kemnade <jochen.kemnade@eddyson.de
>> >
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Howard?
>>>

>>> Am 22.03.2015 um 09:40 schrieb Jochen Kemnade:
>>>
>>>  I could still use some help here.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com
@hlship

Re: Creating a staging beta release

Posted by Jochen Kemnade <jo...@eddyson.de>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Howard?
>

> Am 22.03.2015 um 09:40 schrieb Jochen Kemnade:
>
>> I could still use some help here.
>>
>> Am 03.03.2015 um 18:58 schrieb Jochen Kemnade:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think it's time for a new beta and it's time for me to become familiar
>>> with how to do that.
>>> I think my machine is configured correctly now, I can build, sign and
>>> upload the archives to Nexus (i.e. just did so: orgapachetapestry-1052).
>>> But I'm not sure what to do next.
>>> Yes, I've read the instructions at
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAPESTRY/Release+Process,
>>> but I'm not sure, which part of that applies to public releases only.
>>> Do I just need to create a git tag and close the release in Nexus?
>>>
>>> Jochen

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210