Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dmitry Sivachenko <tr...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/13 15:54:14 UTC

Log Aggregation

Hello!

I am using hadoop-2.4.1 in distributed mode.  After a job completes, logs are aggregated to hdfs and are available via history server.

Sometimes logs appear very fast after the job completes (or fails), but sometimes it takes long (10-20-30 minutes).

During that period history server reports:
Logs not available for attempt_1422914757889_1881_m_000000_0. Aggregation may not be complete, Check back later or try the nodemanager at <host>

It seems that it does not depend on log size, it is not so big to take 20 minutes to copy to hdfs.

Why this can happen?  How can I debug the issue to understand what is happening during that period before logs appear at history server?

Thanks!

Re: Log Aggregation

Posted by Xuan Gong <xg...@hortonworks.com>.
Hey, could you check whether the logs appear in HDFS ? If not, could you
check the NodeManager logs to find out when/whether the log aggregation
for that applications started ?

Thanks

Xuan Gong

Re: Log Aggregation