Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ikenna Okonkwo <Ik...@walmart.com> on 2018/06/06 21:00:27 UTC

Error deleting copy field

Hi all,

I encountered an error when using SOLR cloud 7.2.1. I used the UI to add a bunch of “copy fields” to a field named “_text_”, and now, I can’t delete the copy fields nor the field.

I get the error message when I attempt to delete a copy field: Copy field directive not found: 'item_desc_en' -> '_text_'
And I get the following when I try to delete the field itself: Can't delete field '_text_' because it's referred to by at least one copy field directive.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks!

--
Ikenna Okonkwo
Senior Front End Developer, WMX Project

Walmart Canada Corp.
1940 Argentia Road
Mississauga, Ontario L5N 1P9
Save money. Live better.

Re: Error deleting copy field

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ikenna,

If the source field(s) are dynamic fields, then you have to give the same spelling you used when you created the copy field.  E.g. for ‘item_desc_en’, if the source field in the copy field directive is ‘*_desc_en’, then you have to use that when you issue the delete.

You can find out the exact spelling of your copy field rules by looking at the schema.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com