Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2017/05/02 15:41:14 UTC

Sporadically failing precommit tasks

I've been running into an issue where the PreCommit job fails when
building the Yetus Docker image because it attempts to fetch a version
of Oracle JDK8 (8u121) where only a newer version is present (8u131).

I've seen my tasks [1] fail as well someone else's [2], but I've also
seen some others [3] [4] which don't appear to have issues. I've not
been able to determine why some builds run and others don't.

It seems related to Docker using a cached image that has a "stale"
aptitude cache, causing apt-get to try to pull the jdk8u121 package
instead of the new jdk8u131 package. I'm not really sure how best to
address it though. Thoughts?

- Josh

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/6647/console
[2] https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/6663/console
[3] https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/6664/console
[4] https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/6665/console

Re: Sporadically failing precommit tasks

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Aha. That's an interesting point. I missed that the first time :)

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
[3] [4] are for master branch.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
(-cc dev@yetus, +bcc dev@yetus)

HBASE-17985 is committed and should do the trick.

Re-trigger QA if you had some JIRA issue blocked on this issue. If
anyone is still seeing failure, please leave a note on/re-open HBASE-17985.

Thanks!

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
(-cc dev@yetus, +bcc dev@yetus)

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Allen (and Sean).

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Allen (and Sean).

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
That's my understanding, yes. Note that the dockerfile is per-branch
(we use that to e.g. change our java version IIRC)

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.

--
Sean

Re: Sporadically failing precommit tasks

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.