Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/05 20:53:11 UTC

signing jar and webstart plugin

For networktools.sf.net I used the webstart plugin,
which uses the jar plugin to sign jars.
I 've had a bunch of problems, most of wrong configuration on my part,
but some I believe lay in the jar plugin.

In the end I changed these few lines in the jar plugin to get it
working, even if it's a quick & dirty hack:

1) Nullpointer on org.apache.maven.plugin.jar.JarSignMojo, line 217

         addArgIfNotEmpty( arguments, "-keypass", this.keypass );
+        if (this.signedjar != null) {
             addArgIfNotEmpty( arguments, "-signedjar",
this.signedjar.getPath() );
+        }
         addArgIfNotEmpty( arguments, "-storetype", this.type );

2) Nullpointer on org.apache.maven.plugin.jar.JarSignMojo, line 282

+        if (project.getArtifact() != null) {
              project.getArtifact().setFile( signedjar );
+        }

Maybe this helps other people having the same issues.

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: signing jar and webstart plugin

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.
It was already there:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAR-31

Note that my solutions are hacks as I don't have an idea of the overall
design or program flow.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.