Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by he...@dnbnor.no on 2004/04/14 13:41:18 UTC

Form posts are logged

Hi

I have a problem that I am having trouble figuring out. Whenever i post
data from a form to a Strust form, or upload a file (FormFile), the
complete contents are written to the stdout Tomcat log. It is only the
formcontent/file that gets logged. Is there any debug level in struts
that governs this. This does not happen with regular non-struts form
posts - ie the login : j_security_check. Since one of out applications
involves a lot of fileuploads, this quickly fills the logs up to large
sizes.

Hermod

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that DnB NOR cannot
accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.

Re: Form posts are logged

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
Adam Hardy wrote:

> Hermod,
> it totally depends on what logging package you are using. Whichever
> you have, you should make sure that the logger class for org.apache is
> set to warn or error or similar.

In addition, Tomcat also has a nifty debugging tool that dumps out all
the request and response data, which sounds suspiciously like what you
are describing.  Check your server.xml file for occurrences of a <Valve>
with a classname like RequestDumperValve.

Craig

Re: Form posts are logged

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Hermod,
it totally depends on what logging package you are using. Whichever you
have, you should make sure that the logger class for org.apache is set
to warn or error or similar.

Adam

n 04/14/2004 01:41 PM hermod.opstvedt@dnbnor.no wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a problem that I am having trouble figuring out. Whenever i post
> data from a form to a Strust form, or upload a file (FormFile), the
> complete contents are written to the stdout Tomcat log. It is only the
> formcontent/file that gets logged. Is there any debug level in struts
> that governs this. This does not happen with regular non-struts form
> posts - ie the login : j_security_check. Since one of out applications
> involves a lot of fileuploads, this quickly fills the logs up to large
> sizes.
>
> Hermod

> This email with attachments is solely for the use of the individual or
> entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that DnB NOR cannot
> accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
> customers as a part of an email.
>
> This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
> in the DnB NOR Group.

struts 1.2 + tomcat 5.0.19 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian