Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Joseph R. Junkin" <jj...@datacrawler.com> on 2000/04/20 22:50:05 UTC

DataCrawler Web-based application development

Hi everyone, we are looking for some beta testers for a new online
application development environment.

The easiest way to describe it is to think of it as MS Access offered
exclusively online with an underlying MySQL database.

http://www.datacrawler.com

This service may be an ideal interface for internal and administrative
application needs as opposed to the flashy customer-oriented front ends.
It offers a prebuilt framework with high functionality but less layout
flexibility.

As part of our model, we want to allow developers to develop and manage
applications that we host, and directly share in the ongoing monthly
fees. Love to hear any comments from MySQL/ModPerl developers on this
idea.

This tool should be a great addition to new or existing Perl/MySQL
database applications that are hosted anywhere on the Web. It is
especially useful for 'internal' database applications, allowing quick
building of forms and navigation interfaces.

I would love to hear some comments from anyone in the Perl/MySQL space
about this service. Is it understandable? Would people use this? Why or
why not? It is very important for us to get some feedback from the
Perl/MySQL community. We think it is clear that Perl/MySQL is playing a
large role in current and future Web applications, our goal is to
provide an online development environment based upon these technologies.

For those interested, we will provide free use of our services for
during our beta period. You can upload and download information easily.

Thanks for your time!

Joe Junkin
jjunkin@datacrawler.com
http://www.datacrawler.com