Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Hema Rajan <hr...@indts.com> on 2001/06/29 06:07:43 UTC

How to ignore unwanted namespaces while applying the stylesheet o n an xml page.

I have an xml page which uses a certain namespace "xmlns:cms".  On this xml
page I apply a stylesheet (xsl file) which converts the xml to html format
using cocoon's XSLT processor.  In the converted html file also the <html>
tag gets the "xmlns:cms" as its attribute.  This is ignored by the html
browsers.  Now I want to apply a stylesheet which converts the xml to wml
format using cocoon's XSLT processor.  In the converted file, the <wml> tag
also gets the "xmlns:cms" as its attribute.  The WAP browser does not ignore
this and throws an error saying that the <wml> tag cannot have any
attributes.  So how to ignore unwanted namespaces while applying the
stylesheet on an xml page?

regards,
Hema.