Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2009/08/03 05:59:33 UTC

Re: Lucene for dynamic data retrieval

Hi Satish,

Lucene doesn't enforce an index schema, so each document can have a different set of fields.  It sounds like you need to write a custom indexer that follows your custom rules and creates Lucene Documents with different Fields, depending on what you want indexed.

You also mention searching and retrieval of data from DB.  This, too, sounds like a custom search application - there is nothing in Lucene that uses a (R)DBMS to retrieve field values.

Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR