Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au> on 2010/01/30 08:24:48 UTC

Apache River Release - Voting Period

I've just updated the Apache River 2.1.2 Release artifacts, available on
http://people.apache.org/~peter_firmstone/

I'll run apache RAT shortly, so these might be updated tomorrow, if I
find any problems, however feel free to do your own auditing.

I propose a Voting Period of 5 days, (minimum allowed is 72 hours)
commencing Monday the 1st of February, ending on Friday the 5th of February.

Best Regards,

Peter Firmstone.

Re: Apache River Release - Voting Period

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Thanks Jukka,

If all the source *.java and *.html files contain the library headers
will this be sufficient?

Don't really want to edit all the *.td or policy files.

Cheers,

Peter.

          Which Files Must Contain An ASF License Text?

Every source file must contain the appropriate ASF License text.

          Is A Full Copy Of The License Required In Each Source File?

In short, only one copy of the license is needed per distribution. This
full license file should be placed at the root of the distribution in a
file named LICENSE. For software developed at the ASF, each source file
need only contain the boilerplate notice
<http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
I noticed there are some issues with qa in the RAT report.

Does the following mean I shouldn't include the qa or test directory's
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what

          How Do The Types Of Apache Software Distribution Differ?

    * *Test Packages* are not Apache releases. All releases require due
      process and official approval. Test packages are for testing
      ongoing development and should only be discussed on the project
      development lists.

I've also just updated the release artifacts at:

people.apache.org/~peter_firmstone/

Including the RAT reports.

Regards,

Peter.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Niclas,

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Ok, I've run RAT, there were some source files without headers, this has
now been fixed and committed.

The updated RAT reports are attached.

I'll update the release artifacts after my build completes.

Regards,

Peter Firmstone.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

--