Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/06/08 02:18:56 UTC

Podling status files - new config entry?

I'm planning to start pushing up changes that read podling status
information from yaml files.  I wasn't planning to put these files under
content in the incubator directory but can if it makes more sense.

If I don't put them under content, would I just add a new entry to one of
the config files to point to the svn directory?  Is there a preference?

John

Re: Podling status files - new config entry?

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 10:18 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm planning to start pushing up changes that read podling status
> information from yaml files.  I wasn't planning to put these files under
> content in the incubator directory but can if it makes more sense.
>
> If I don't put them under content, would I just add a new entry to one of
> the config files to point to the svn directory?  Is there a preference?

The answer to the first question is
https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blob/master/repository.yml.  Every
svn path listed there is initially checked out and then updated every
10 minutes on the server.  You can also control the svn depth.

As to the second question, I see that as incubator's call.

> John

- Sam Ruby