Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mohan2005 <wi...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/08 18:25:13 UTC

jkmanager node limitation

Hello All;

Can you please tell me the maximum number of nodes a JkManager can handle
without any issues ?

Assume a Quad-Core large memory system.

Thanks and Regards
Mohan

Re: jkmanager node limitation

Posted by Mohan2005 <wi...@gmail.com>.
Yesssss :-)

That works like a beauty.

Thanks a lot again.

I will document this.

Regards
Mohan

Posted by Mohan2005 <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. I will.
Regards
mohan

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Again replying to myself:

Rainer Jung schrieb:
> Rainer Jung schrieb:
>>> http://localhost/jkmanager/?cmd=update&mime=txt&w=TEST&att=wa&val1=activate

The correct URL is:

http://localhost/jkstatus?cmd=update&mime=txt&w=TEST&att=wa&val0=activ

The only difference is, that the number behind "val" starts at "0" and
not at "1". Sorry. Can you confirm, that it works? If so, I'll correct
the docs.

Rainer

Re: jkmanager node limitation

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Rainer Jung schrieb:
>> http://localhost/jkmanager/?cmd=update&mime=txt&w=TEST&att=wa&val1=activate
>>

> What's the difference betwen this, and what you get, when you do it via
> the GUI? It is so much easier to get the right URL by simply doing it
> once via the GUI.

You can check the URLs used in the access log.

Re: jkmanager node limitation

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Mohan2005 schrieb:
> Hello Rainer
>
> I am using mod_jk 1.2.25
>
> And I assume val1 is the name of the node (NODE1 in this case)

No, val1 ist the value for the first member of the load balancer, val2
for the second and so on. So it is meant as is.

> so I tried both
>
> http://localhost/jkmanager/?cmd=update&mime=txt&w=TEST&att=wa&NODE1=activate

This won't work.

> and
>
> http://localhost/jkmanager/?cmd=update&mime=txt&w=TEST&att=wa&val1=activate

What's the difference betwen this, and what you get, when you do it via
the GUI? It is so much easier to get the right URL by simply doing it
once via the GUI.

> But did not activate a stopped node. (NODE1 in this case)
>
> Thanks you for your help and attention to this.
> Regards
> Mohan

Rainer

Posted by Mohan2005 <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Rainer

Rainer Jung-3 wrote:

> Mohan2005 schrieb:
>> Hello Again;
>>
>> I tried the following, did not take effect;
>> What am I doing wrong here please;
>>
>> My jkmanager shows this for the Loadbalancer "TEST" and it has only one
>> node
>> called "NODE1"
>>
>>  	Name	Type	Host	Addr	Act	State	D	F	M	V	Acc	Err	CE	RE	Wr	Rd	Busy	Max
>> Route
>> RR	Cd	Rs
>> [E|R] 	NODE1	ajp13	10.0.0.112:8109	10.0.0.112:8109	STP	OK/IDLE	0	1	1	0	0
>> 0	0
>> 0	0 	0 	0	0	NODE1	 	WwwNODE1Com	0/0
>>

>> Then I would call the following url to Activate the node.
>>
>> http://localhost/jkmanager/?cmd=update&mime=txt&w=TEST&att=wa&NODE1=activate
>
> Go to the esit page and do the same change via the GUI. After committing
> the change in the GUI, there should be the correct URL in the browser
> URL line for a couple of seconds, before the browser gets redirected to
> the start page. The only parameter, which will be missing, is "mime",
> which is not very important and will only format the OK message slightly
> different, in case you want to evaluate it later in your script client.
>
> You can also have a look at the form contents.
>
> See below, for what I expect as a correct URL.
>
>> This would result in
>>
>> Result: type=OK message="Action finished"
>>
>> But the node does not get "activate"d.
>>
>> Please advice.
>> Thanks and regards
>> Mohan
>
>> Rainer Jung-3 wrote:
>
>>> Examples:
>>>
>>> cmd=update
>>> mime=txt
>>> w=myloadbalancer
>>> sw=memberofloadbalancer
>>> wa=disabled
>
> http://localhost/jkmanager/?cmd=update&mime=txt&w=TEST&sw=NODE1&wa=activate
>
>>> Mass editing of one attribute for all sub workers (also called edit by
>>> aspect) could be done via
>>>
>>> cmd=update
>>> mime=txt
>>> w=myloadbalancer
>>> att=wa
>>> val1=disabled
>>> val2=active
>>> val3=disabled
>>> val4=disabled

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by Mohan2005 <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Again;

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@redhat.com>.

--
^(TM)

Re: jkmanager node limitation

Posted by Mohan2005 <wi...@gmail.com>.
On the same front, say we have 50 nodes and one jkmanager.
There  would be a management problem to disable/activate nodes.
Is there a way to disable/activate nodes passing URL parameters to jkmanager
?

Or is the only way to edit the workers.properties file and use the
'activation' keyword.
Example to activate node1000

worker.node1000.activation=s

and