Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Munusamy, Kannan" <ka...@capgemini.com> on 2013/12/09 08:15:19 UTC

Resolve an issuse with SOLR

Hi,

I have used the +add core option in the admin UI. But I can’t able to add a core. After then, it showed the “hTTP Status 500 - {msg=SolrCore 'new_core' is not available due to init failure: Path must not end with /” …  Once I restarted the solr service, now I am getting this error in the UI –

“Unable to load environment info from /solr/collection1_shard1_replica1/admin/system?wt=json.
This interface requires that you activate the admin request handlers in all SolrCores by adding the following configuration to your solrconfig.xml:”

PFA error image.

Please provide suggestions and help us to resolve the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

               Kannan Munusamy |  ♠ Capgemini India  | Bangalore
        É  Off: 080 66567000 Extn: 8068605  I  Cell: + 91 9952312352
[cid:image001.gif@01CEF4DC.849569D0]        •  kannan.munusamy@capgemini.com<ma...@capgemini.com> I www.in.capgemini.com<http://www.in.capgemini.com/>
                     People matter, results count.
   P Print only if absolutely necessary | 7 Switch off as you go |qRecycle always

Re: Resolve an issuse with SOLR

Posted by Varun Thacker <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Munusamy,

A typical core directory contains a conf/ folder and a data/ folder
The conf directory should contain the solrconfig.xml and schema.xml

You should have a folder with the same name as the "instanceDir" parameter
on the admin UI. Inside this folder the conf/ and data/ directories should
exist.

So you first need to have the directory present and with the solrconfig and
schema files and then go to the core admin page and create a core.

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Munusamy, Kannan <
kannan.munusamy@capgemini.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have used the +add core option in the admin UI. But I can’t able to add
> a core. After then, it showed the *“hTTP Status 500 - {msg=SolrCore
> 'new_core' is not available due to init failure: Path must not end with /”
> … * Once I restarted the solr service, now I am getting this error in the
> UI –
>

> *“Unable to load environment info from
> /solr/collection1_shard1_replica1/admin/system?wt=json.*
>
> *This interface requires that you activate the admin request handlers in
> all SolrCores by adding the following configuration to your
> solrconfig.xml:”*
>

> PFA error image.
>

> Please provide suggestions and help us to resolve the issue.
>

> Thanks & Regards,

> *               Kannan Munusamy *|  *♠* *Cap**gemini** India*  | Bangalore
>

>         É  Off: 080 66567000 Extn: 8068605  I  Cell: + 91 9952312352
>
> [image: cid:image001.gif@01CCD07C.65A424C0]        4
> kannan.munusamy@capgemini.com I www.in.capgemini.com
>
>                      *People matter, results count.*

>    P Print only if absolutely necessary | *7* Switch off as you go |*q*Recycle
> always

> person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you
> are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute,
> or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in
> error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
> message.

Varun Thacker
http://www.vthacker.in/