Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Schulte <cs...@schulte.it> on 2005/12/05 13:11:28 UTC

[m2] Downloading source-code jar files ?

Hi,

how do I make maven fetch e.g. junit-3.8.1-sources.jar so that this file
gets copied into the local repository ? I tried putting a dependency to
it in the root pom like this

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <type>sources.jar</type>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

but it seems to be incorrect.

--
Christian

Re: [m2] Downloading source-code jar files ?

Posted by Christian Schulte <cs...@schulte.it>.
Jochen Wiedmann schrieb:

> Henry Isidro wrote:
>
>> Try this:
>>
>> <dependencies>
>>   <dependency>
>>     <groupId>junit</groupId>
>>     <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
>>     <version>3.8.1-sources</version>
>>     <type>jar</type>
>>     <scope>provided</scope>
>>   </dependency>
>> </dependencies>
>

> If you are using the Eclipse plugin, then a more simple trick is
> addding the following to the pom's plugins section. It doesn't depend
> on a certain jar file.
>
>       <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
>         <configuration>
>           <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
>         </configuration>
>       </plugin>

Hi,

the problem I am having is that I cannot use the eclipse plugin and need
maven to download the source-jars somehow. Currently I am doing it like

<dependency>
  <groupId>someGroupId</groupId>
  <artifactId>someArtifactId</artifactId>
  <classifier>sources</classifier>
  <scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

but this seems to be incorrect since the sources will be added to the
various classpaths. Is it possible to just download the jars without
putting them in some classpath ?

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Isidro <hi...@exist.com>.
Christian Schulte wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how do I make maven fetch e.g. junit-3.8.1-sources.jar so that this
> file gets copied into the local repository ? I tried putting a
> dependency to it in the root pom like this
>
>  <dependencies>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>junit</groupId>
>      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>