Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/01/15 06:10:18 UTC

Re: List of Docs fails during build docs

The "List of Docs" is now working properly. Try it out
via the "Documentation" section of the Welcome page,
or via the side-panel of a top-level document page.

I have found the cause of the bug shown below.
To Bugzilla - when i have a better grasp of it.
It is a strange effect from one particular menu item
in developing/book.xml ... API (Javadoc)
Anyway, doclist2document.xsl has a workaround.
--David

David Crossley wrote:
> The "List of Docs" functionality to generate a Table of
> Contents has a strange problem. Everything is OK when
> you run it as a webapp. See the Welcome page under
> the "Documentation" section.
>
> However, if this is linked in to the actual xdocs, then i get
> a fatal error when running "build docs". I have disabled the
> link in xdocs/book.xml by commenting it out. Bring it back
> and you will see the following error.
<snip/>
FATAL_E 10097   [        ] (): Error in TraxTransformer:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 0
<snip/>