Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by "Nielsen, Claus Djernaes" <Cl...@maersk.com> on 2011/05/18 11:16:45 UTC

[Trinidad] Unable to populate the header column text and shortDesc dynamically

Hi

I would like to populate the header text and the tooltip based on what
we get in the table. Is this possible?

I have tried the example as below. And putting the header text and
shortDesc on the tr:column as well. None of it has worked.

bandingInterval="2" banding="row" var="arg"
          emptyText="No vessel call details">
<f:facet name="header">
</f:facet>

Is there a way to solve this?

Best regards

Claus D. Nielsen

P.S

I have created a Jira as well. It's ID is

*  MyFaces Trinidad <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD>

*  TRINIDAD-2103 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-2103>

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee. If you are not the addressee you must not read, copy, use or disclose the e-mail nor the content; please notify us immediately [by clicking 'Reply'] and delete this e-mail.

Re: [Trinidad] Unable to populate the header column text and shortDesc dynamically

Posted by Max Starets <ma...@oracle.com>.
Claus,

Components in the column's header facet are not stamped (they are not
specific to any given row),
and you cannot access the var expression ('arg') there.
The header facet applies to the entire column, and not any given row.

Hope this helps,
Max Starets