Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2016/01/28 03:43:34 UTC

Pre-release-candidate lookover

Hey folks,

Since we're gearing up for the 0.7.0 release soon, I figured I'd give the
new source release script a go, just to make sure we know what the process
is about. Consider this a practice vote -- this isn't a real RC, just
wanted to post a source tarball and see if others are able to download it,
check that the licensing info looks right, etc.

I've posted this pre-RC here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/kudu/
It's built from master at
revision 67f2ed946d28bf1b16db92fa164735a1e1ffc07c. Obviously for a real RC
we'd change the version number to not be SNAPSHOT, and we'd actually make a
branch/tag/etc.

If anyone has a few moments, would be good to download the tarball and see
if you're able to build from it, etc. If you don't already have a GPG key,
now would probably be a good time to create one, get signatures from other
committers (to get in the web of trust), etc, as well.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera