Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Andrey Almirov <al...@inbox.ru> on 2003/10/14 12:49:12 UTC

Install problems

Hi, Lenya users!

I have tried to install new CVS Lenya version on my machine. And the following errors are appears.

When Tomcat stats the exceptions are throw:

1.

62   2003-10-14 13:38:02,515 [main] WARN  org.apache.lenya.cms.publishing.PublishingEnvironment  -
Did not load publishing configuration from publication.xconf (file is missing).
That means you can't access all PublishingEnvironment parameters and you should only use the AntTask.
93      2003-10-14 13:38:02,546 [main] WARN  org.apache.lenya.cms.publishing.
PublishingEnvironment  - Did not load publishing configuration from
publication.xconf (file is missing). That means you can't access all PublishingEnvironment
parameters and you should only use the AntTask.

2. Per some requests.

121390 2003-10-14 13:40:03,843 [Thread-75] ERROR org.apache.lenya.xml.Configurat
ion  - No such property: org.apache.lenya.xps.XLinkInterpreter.cacheFolder
121406 2003-10-14 13:40:03,859 [Thread-75] ERROR org.apache.lenya.net.Configurat
ion  - Could not find resource on classpath: org/apache/lenya/net/conf.propertie
121422 2003-10-14 13:40:03,875 [Thread-75] ERROR org.apache.lenya.net.Configurat
ion  - Could not find resource on classpath: org/apache/lenya/net/conf.propertie

I am sure that this file exists and it placed to ClassPath….

3. Whet I try to create new page (Fileа New) as is described it the doc the exception
like "request does not contain the role appear…"

Please, help in this problem if sombody knows the reasones.

Thanks in advance.

Configuration: Win 2000, JDK 1.4, Tomcat 4.1.24, Apache Cocoon 2.1-M1,
Lenya CVS.

Andrey

Re: General questions

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Andrey Almirov wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>
> MW> what publication are you loading?
> I have tried all publications. The default, for example.

but what publication returns the "publication.xconf" error?

> My main purpose is to understand how the editors work.
> Is the Xopus included into the Lenya for this moment?

not anymore, but the there is the new Bitflux Editor (BXE) enabled
and a form based editor (take a look at the "blog" publication, click on
existing entry and then menu File)

> If I understand how it works it seems to me I well be
> able to use Lenya good.

:-)

> Could somebody shows to me some main points of this. Or some example???
>
> I have asked this question some time ago but the "CMS Matrix"
> was a bad example for me, since it was not work at all…

It should be better now. I am currently updating and fixing it.

> And another question.  How can I use workflow? Is it ready for use now?

yup, it's ready. See the documentation (CVS)

> Could somebody specify pipeline of it?? As some entry point?…

for the workflow?

HTH

Michi

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andrey

Michael Wechner
Wyona Ltd.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya

General questions

Posted by Andrey Almirov <al...@inbox.ru>.
Hello Michael,

Re: Install problems

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

<snip />

lishing configuration from
>> publication.xconf (file is missing). That means you can't access all
>> PublishingEnvironment
>> parameters and you should only use the AntTask.
>

> These are not exceptions, everything is fine.

what publication are you loading?

>> 2. Per some requests.
>>
>> 121390 2003-10-14 13:40:03,843 [Thread-75] ERROR
>> org.apache.lenya.xml.Configurat
>> ion  - No such property:
>> org.apache.lenya.xps.XLinkInterpreter.cacheFolder
>

> This is also OK (or am I wrong here?), but we should mark it
> differently, e.g., as INFO?

I have changed it to "WARN"

>> 121406 2003-10-14 13:40:03,859 [Thread-75] ERROR
>> org.apache.lenya.net.Configurat
>> ion  - Could not find resource on classpath:
>> org/apache/lenya/net/conf.propertie
>> 121422 2003-10-14 13:40:03,875 [Thread-75] ERROR
>> org.apache.lenya.net.Configurat
>> ion  - Could not find resource on classpath:
>> org/apache/lenya/net/conf.propertie
>

> The same.

Need to check this more closely

Thanks

Michi

Re: Install problems

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andrey Almirov wrote:

> Hi, Lenya users!
>
> I have tried to install new CVS Lenya version on my machine. And the following errors are appears.
>
> When Tomcat stats the exceptions are throw:
>
> 1.
>
> 62   2003-10-14 13:38:02,515 [main] WARN  org.apache.lenya.cms.publishing.PublishingEnvironment  -
> Did not load publishing configuration from publication.xconf (file is missing).
> That means you can't access all PublishingEnvironment parameters and you should only use the AntTask.
> 93      2003-10-14 13:38:02,546 [main] WARN  org.apache.lenya.cms.publishing.
> PublishingEnvironment  - Did not load publishing configuration from
> publication.xconf (file is missing). That means you can't access all PublishingEnvironment
> parameters and you should only use the AntTask.

These are not exceptions, everything is fine.

> 2. Per some requests.
>
> 121390 2003-10-14 13:40:03,843 [Thread-75] ERROR org.apache.lenya.xml.Configurat
> ion  - No such property: org.apache.lenya.xps.XLinkInterpreter.cacheFolder

This is also OK (or am I wrong here?), but we should mark it
differently, e.g., as INFO?

> 121406 2003-10-14 13:40:03,859 [Thread-75] ERROR org.apache.lenya.net.Configurat
> ion  - Could not find resource on classpath: org/apache/lenya/net/conf.propertie
> 121422 2003-10-14 13:40:03,875 [Thread-75] ERROR org.apache.lenya.net.Configurat
> ion  - Could not find resource on classpath: org/apache/lenya/net/conf.propertie

The same.

> I am sure that this file exists and it placed to ClassPath….
>
> 3. Whet I try to create new page (Fileа New) as is described it the doc the exception
> like "request does not contain the role appear…"

This is really strange, some people get this exception.

Could somebody in the community write down the usecase that
leads to this problem, so that we can easily reproduce it?
Please include the configuration, the publication you're
trying, and the operations you executed. I think it's worth
an entry in Bugzilla.

Andreas

Re: Install problems

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Andrey Almirov wrote:

> Configuration: Win 2000, JDK 1.4, Tomcat 4.1.24, Apache Cocoon 2.1-M1,
> Lenya CVS.

you should really use cocoon 2.1 with lenya cvs. i updated the install
docs to reflect this (not live yet)

sorry for the misleading info.

-gregor

--