Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Dayakar <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/06 08:54:43 UTC

What the main Difference between Stoppping the Route and Suspending the Route

Re: What the main Difference between Stoppping the Route and Suspending the Route

Posted by Dayakar <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: What the main Difference between Stoppping the Route and Suspending the Route

Posted by mdo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Dayakar wrote
> Can you please explain the exact when we need to use stopRoute(id) and
> suspendRoute(id) with an examples

Have a look at this thread:
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/2-11-File2-Quartz-threads-leaking-td5731922.html

Obviously there are some pitfalls and I think in essence you should only
stop a route when you do not want to re-start it without removing the route
from the context. Note that endpoints may have a different behaviour on
suspend or stop, e.g. SFTP keeps the connection open when suspended. Suspend
is your friend if you want to pause the processing of new messages
temporarily.

Regards, mdo.

Re: What the main Difference between Stoppping the Route and Suspending the Route

Posted by Dayakar <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thanks for your Reply

I Have gone through the link which you suggested.

But i have some doubts regarding Stop and suspending the route.

I Have a Route with following Code
from("jms:queue:JobQueue")
			.routeId(getName())
			.process(new JobProcessor())
			.to("jms:queue:destQueue");
If i stop the Above route by using camelContext.stopRoute(id)
==> Does this stop the route and when we say startRoute(id) it start the new
Route?

If i suspend the Above route by using camelContext.suspendRoute(Id)
=>Does this suspend route for sometime and when we invoke resumeRoute(id) it
start the existing Route?

Can you please explain the exact when we need to use stopRoute(id) and
suspendRoute(id) with an examples

Thanks in advance

Re: What the main Difference between Stoppping the Route and Suspending the Route

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

See this page
http://camel.apache.org/lifecycle