Posted to users@camel.apache.org by hwerner <he...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/09 23:02:02 UTC

twitter version updated to v1.1

I'm trying to use twitter in my routes and am currently getting the 410 error
message from twitter stating that twitter REST api v1.0 is no longer being
used, please update to v1.1.  Does this mean Camel needs to update, or do I
need to update my api somewhere?  This is for a basic twitter search call,
and as such we don't really have an api for it, we are simply utilizing
camel's twitter component.  So, ultimately, I would like to know whether we,
now, need to register an app, or if camel just needs to update their
component to utilize twitter v1.1, and if camel has, is the spring dsl uri
call for a search different?

Re: twitter version updated to v1.1

Posted by sergio besada <sc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm  servicemix 4.5's user and I had this problem. I couldn´t publish
messages on Twitter because Twitter changed  the api version from v1 to
v1.1, but I have solved this problem only upgrading the bundle
org.apache.servicemix.bundles.twitter4j-3.0.3_1.jar on my servicemix 4.5.

Regards

Re: twitter version updated to v1.1

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
camel-twitter is based on twitter4j project, and 3.0.x of twitter4j support the twitter API v1.1 natively.
I just checked the camel master and 2.11.x branch, they are using the twitter4j 3.0.3.
So my question is which version of camel are you using? You may consider to upgrade the camel version to the latest release on. 2.11.1.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat