Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2005/03/02 22:36:55 UTC

Xalan-keywords field is deleted for JIRA issues

Xalan committers:
The Xalan-keywords field is gone, please use the checkbox beside the Xalan
info PatchAvailable choice.
You can modifiy this checkbox at issue creation or when you "Edit" an
issue.

Here is the entire list of Xalan specific fields on JIRA issues, please use
them to keep the issue information accurate:
- PatchAvailable checkbox, checked if a patch has been attached,... so we
can start looking for a reviewer.
- fix-priority selection (fp1,fp2 ...fp5) - the priority for fixing, as
opposed to the JIRA standard Priority field which is the prority from the
reporters point of view
- reviewer, the reviewer for the patch in the issue
- target-release, the future release we hope to have the fix, for now, if
you set this field, pick 2.7.0-future-release, if we put out a point
release we can change the name to 2.6.1 very easily, so don't worry about
that.

I've manually fixed about 11 issues where the PatchAvailable keyword was
checked, but not seeming to take hold in the database. So the recent flurry
of updates was me unchecking the box, then checking the box on those
issues.  With the database straightened out there is no longer a need for
the Xalan-keywords field, whose only keyword was supposed to be
"PatchAvailable". I did see some misuse of this field by reporters opening
issues, and it did cause some confusion to the committers.  Rather than
wait for the JIRA infrastructure group the fix the bug I manually cleaned
things up.

- Brian