Posted to netcat@netbeans.apache.org by Efrem Mc <ef...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/22 13:20:06 UTC

[incubator] Question on Incubator builds vs source builds

Good morning NB dev, I hope all is well.

What is the difference between building from source using the ant tool
verses what incubator does?  What process does Incubator does?  Who
initiates the build process on incubator?

I tried to build from source yesterday as a test, and it errored out
on Windows.  I rather get a build off incubator because it will be a
version everyone is using for testing.  I have no problems using a
build from sources as I am use to that on Linux.  I was so surprised
it worked on Windows. (smiles)

I have time later today to test this.  I am just reading emails and
completing the File  Form Editor - Form File Compatibility Test.  I am
updating the Test Specs.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Efrem McCrimon (efremmc2)