Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM> on 2008/07/25 06:35:44 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, July 25, 9 am PDT

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, July 25  at 9 am PDT to discuss
JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:
Domestic (toll-free):  866 230-6968
International (caller-paid):  +1 213 787-0528
Access code :  294-0479#

Agenda:

1. Security issue with generated classes
2. JDO2 API manifest problem
3. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:

[Jun 20  2008] AI: Craig reply to Joerg regarding bidirectional
relationships and possibly update the spec to include the rationale.

[Feb 1 2008] AI  Matthew see what would be needed to update the PMF
contract to support  ServiceLoader.

[Nov 30 2007] AI Christiaan propose more details on Update/copy by query
for post-JDO 2.1.

[May 25 2007]  AI everyone download the Grails demo from grails.org  and
check it out. Also look at Grails/Groovy ExpandoMetaClass that  has the
magic to avoid reflection and enhancement.

[May 25 2007] AI Matthew Adams prepare a proposal with just the basics
of schema synchronization with jdo and orm metadata.

[Aug 11 2006] AI Craig propose some semantics for behavior if user tries
to add to a list where the ordering element is incorrect.

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members:  Articles on  TheServerSide
directing attention to the site. T-shirts.  AI:   Craig write a
ServerSide article.

-- Michelle

Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, July 25, 9 am PDT

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
I'm afraid I won't be able to make today's meeting due to my
attendance at OSCON.

If anyone has cycles, creating a patched JDO 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT and
uploading it to the http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/
  would be possible anticipating an official release (which will take
at least a week).

I sent a message regarding the security issue for generated classes
and don't have any solution at present.

Craig

On Jul 24, 2008, at 9:35 PM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We will have our regular meeting Friday, July 25  at 9 am PDT to
> discuss JDO TCK issues and status.
>
> Dial-in numbers are:
> Domestic (toll-free):  866 230-6968
> International (caller-paid):  +1 213 787-0528
> Access code :  294-0479#
>
> Agenda:
>
> 1. Security issue with generated classes
> 2. JDO2 API manifest problem
> 3. Other issues
>
> Action Items from weeks past:
>
> [Jun 20  2008] AI: Craig reply to Joerg regarding bidirectional
> relationships and possibly update the spec to include the rationale.
>
> [Feb 1 2008] AI  Matthew see what would be needed to update the PMF
> contract to support  ServiceLoader.
>
> [Nov 30 2007] AI Christiaan propose more details on Update/copy by
> query for post-JDO 2.1.
>
> [May 25 2007]  AI everyone download the Grails demo from grails.org
> and check it out. Also look at Grails/Groovy ExpandoMetaClass that
> has the magic to avoid reflection and enhancement.
>
> [May 25 2007] AI Matthew Adams prepare a proposal with just the
> basics of schema synchronization with jdo and orm metadata.
>
> [Aug 11 2006] AI Craig propose some semantics for behavior if user
> tries to add to a list where the ordering element is incorrect.
>
> [Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members:  Articles on  TheServerSide
> directing attention to the site. T-shirts.  AI:   Craig write a
> ServerSide article.
>
> -- Michelle

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, July 25, 9 am PDT

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Richard Schilling

Brief meeting. Michael dropped by, but had to leave due to a conflict
with another meeting. Richard will attach a patch to JDO-582 for review
and comments. Michelle will create a patched JDO 2.1.1 for the extra
space in manifest problem.

-- Michelle

--
Michelle Caisse               Sun Microsystems
California, U.S.     http://sun.com/postgresql