Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at> on 2005/07/04 10:46:12 UTC

tomcat 5.5 and jdk 5.0 jsp compiler question

Hi I am moving a project developed for tomcat 5.0 to 5.5, I run into a
small JDK 5.0 related problem,
for some strange kind of reason the internal tomcat compiler does not
accept autoboxing:

example

error occurred at line: 95 in the jsp file: /inc/page_header.jsp
Generated servlet error:
Type mismatch: cannot convert from Boolean to boolean

An error occurred at line: 108 in the jsp file: /inc/page_header.jsp
Generated servlet error:
Type mismatch: cannot convert from Boolean to boolean

Which is a clear indication for this behavior, since it works in JDK 5.0
and Tomcat 5.0 without problems.
The reason for this must be the newly integrated IBM compiler, which I
probably have to force to JDK 5.0 sourcelevel.

Does anybody know how to either have jasper using the normal javac or
forcing the internal compiler to go for 5.0 sources?

Thanks for your help

Werner

Re: tomcat 5.5 and jdk 5.0 jsp compiler question

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Never mind I found the answer on the archive...

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=111660999324714&w=2

additionally to that, you have to add the tools.jar to your classpath
otherwise the javac compiler cannot be triggered.

That is it basically.

Werner