Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2007/10/22 16:11:42 UTC

Proposed new Maven modules structure

Hi,

Following our recent discussions, I suggest the following overall
structure for our Maven modules.

The goal is to split Sling into smaller functional areas, and isolate
parts that might be reusable or that might eventually move to other
projects (mostly Jackrabbit, probably) if they're general enough.

Here's my proposed structure for our Maven modules:
-Most modules under "sling" are just containers for their submodules.
-All module names are prefixed by either "sling-" or "microsling-".

sling-api (used by both microsling and sling)
microsling
  - microsling-webapp (uses sling-api)
  - microsling-cargo-testing (I'm planning to write some integration tests)
sling
  - sling-osgi (osgi-related modules, console, ...)
  - sling-jcr (JCR utility modules, wrappers, ...)
  - sling-jsp (jasper compiler, JSP script engine, ...)
  - sling-core
  - ...
sling-maven-plugins
  - ... existing plugins

-Bertrand

Re: Proposed new Maven modules structure

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following our recent discussions, I suggest the following overall
> structure for our Maven modules.
>
> The goal is to split Sling into smaller functional areas, and isolate
> parts that might be reusable or that might eventually move to other
> projects (mostly Jackrabbit, probably) if they're general enough.
>
> Here's my proposed structure for our Maven modules:
> -Most modules under "sling" are just containers for their submodules.
> -All module names are prefixed by either "sling-" or "microsling-".
>
> sling-api (used by both microsling and sling)
> microsling
>   - microsling-webapp (uses sling-api)
>   - microsling-cargo-testing (I'm planning to write some integration tests)
> sling
>   - sling-osgi (osgi-related modules, console, ...)
>   - sling-jcr (JCR utility modules, wrappers, ...)
>   - sling-jsp (jasper compiler, JSP script engine, ...)
>   - sling-core
>   - ...
> sling-maven-plugins
>   - ... existing plugins

Looks good to me.

What about "catapult" for the "real" Sling? :)

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Proposed new Maven modules structure

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sounds reasonable. There is one catch, though, which we have to be aware
of: The Maven JspC plugin in Sling has a dependency on the Sling Jasper
module in the sling-jsp folder. But I think, this is ok.

Regards
Felix