Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Madhukar Bharti <bh...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/20 07:51:35 UTC

How to setup inter DC replication in Kafka 0.8.1.1

Hi,

I want to setup inter DC replication b/w Kafka clusters. Is there any
inbuilt tool to do this?

I already have tried MirrorMaker tool but the problem is, if MM killed then
some messages get duplicated. I don't want to duplicate the messages.

Please suggest a way to do this. Please share your experience how you have
setup this.

Thanks in Advance,
Madhukar

Re: How to setup inter DC replication in Kafka 0.8.1.1

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
For now (0.8.2) if you have a hard crash then you will likely have
duplicates or even data loss unfortunately, I do not have a good solution
to this on top of my head.

--
-- Guozhang

Re: How to setup inter DC replication in Kafka 0.8.1.1

Posted by Madhukar Bharti <bh...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Madhukar Bharti

Re: How to setup inter DC replication in Kafka 0.8.1.1

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Madhukar,

--
-- Guozhang