Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Masár Daniel <dm...@gratex.com> on 2004/01/07 15:19:57 UTC

EJB and Log4J

Hi,

I am new in Java and EJB world and I have to create logging infrastructure component for EJB application.
I am inspecting wheter log4j can meet my requirements.
When I use log4j and FileAppender form enterprise bean am I in collision with following ?:

The EJB 1.1 Specification, section 18.1.2 (Programming Restrictions) states the following:
An enterprise bean must not use the java.io package to attempt to access files and directories in the file system.
The file system APIs are not well-suited for business components to access data. Business components should use a resource manager API, such as JDBC API, to store data.

Thanks

Daniel Masar