Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/03 15:49:00 UTC

Interceptor & Partition methods will now return a LdapException

Hi guys,

just to inform you that in order to get rid of NamingException from the
core server, I'm replacing it by LdapException, and that will lead to
some modification in the core server : every method were throwing a
Exception, and will now throw a LdapException.

Not a big change from the server POV, but that impact a lot of code.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: Interceptor & Partition methods will now return a LdapException

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>wrote:

> On 6/4/10 9:08 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>

>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> just to inform you that in order to get rid of NamingException from the
>>> core server, I'm replacing it by LdapException, and that will lead to
>>> some
>>> modification in the core server : every method were throwing a Exception,
>>> and will now throw a LdapException.
>>>
>>> Not a big change from the server POV, but that impact a lot of code.
>>>

>> +1
>>
>> One question: Is LdapException shared with the ldap-api as well?
>>

> Yes
>
>  Wondering
>> this because it would be nice for us in several respect if they are both
>> the
>> same exception class hierarchy root.
>>

> They are.

Excellent thanks.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org

Re: Interceptor & Partition methods will now return a LdapException

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> just to inform you that in order to get rid of NamingException from the
> core server, I'm replacing it by LdapException, and that will lead to some
> modification in the core server : every method were throwing a Exception,
> and will now throw a LdapException.
>
> Not a big change from the server POV, but that impact a lot of code.

+1

One question: Is LdapException shared with the ldap-api as well? Wondering