Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ElSe <el...@mail.ru> on 2008/08/06 06:13:03 UTC

regular expressions

Hi all!

I test web application using regular expression extractor to get values of
the links and form actions (they are generated dynamically) so the testing
of the application looks like this: get response - search for next url with
regex - create next request with that url.

When I try my test plan with the web application that is deployed on the
same host as jmeter it works fine but when I try to start testing the
application that is deployed on the remote host the search against regular
expression fail. Does anybody know why such behaviour can appear?

Best regards,
Elena.

Re: regular expressions

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 06/08/2008, ElSe <el...@mail.ru> wrote:

>  Hi all!
>
>  I test web application using regular expression extractor to get values of
>  the links and form actions (they are generated dynamically) so the testing
>  of the application looks like this: get response - search for next url with
>  regex - create next request with that url.
>
>  When I try my test plan with the web application that is deployed on the
>  same host as jmeter it works fine but when I try to start testing the
>  application that is deployed on the remote host the search against regular
>  expression fail. Does anybody know why such behaviour can appear?

It's a different server so perhaps the generated HTML is subtly
different - double-check the Regex.