Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/14 22:38:32 UTC

another simple Store question

I need to be able to store null values in the "Store".  I think this
is causing me problems because of MRUMemoryStore.  The MRUMemoryStore
docs say that it's a HashMap implementation which would support my
needs well.  After running out of places to look, I decided to take a
look at its implementation and appears to be Hash*table*
implementation after all, thus apparently causing my problems.

As I described in [1], we're trying to use the store in an input
module but this appears to be a show-stopper.  Can anyone give me an
idea of what to do next?  Is there a store implementation that does
support null values? Is it pluggable like that?  I'm very much still
learning Cocoon and am at the end of where my current knowledge will
take me.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks,
--tim

[1] - http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=113977723621498&w=2

Re: another simple Store question

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Yes, you can write your own store. For example, DefaultTransientStore
extends MRUMemoryStore. If you look in cocoon.roles you will see that
transient-store and store are defined there.  You can easily create a
new role to create your own store and then configure it in
cocoon.xconf.  In fact, you don't even have to define it in cocoon.roles
if you don't want to (take a look at some other definitions that use the
<component> element), it just makes cocoon.xconf a little bit cleaner.

Once you have your own store configured then just use it instead of one
of the other stores.

Ralph