Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Ronoaldo Pereira Oferta Única <rp...@ofertaunica.com.br> on 2013/01/03 18:43:46 UTC

How to setup Archiva / Redback to use Servlet Container authentication?

Hello Archiva users and developers,

Is there a way to configure Archiva / Redback to use the Servlet Container
Authentication (Realm)? I want to deploy some apps (Jenkins, Archiva, etc.)
and manage all users via the Containe auth. The main idea is to manage them
to use

My intention is to accept both basic and OpenID authentication in the
container, and I guess this may work for my use case.

Thanks!

--
*Ronoaldo José de Lana Pereira*

Re: How to setup Archiva / Redback to use Servlet Container authentication?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Have a look at UserManager and implementations in redback source code.
Then you will have to implement a RbacManager (see various implementations).
Note: I will change a bit what I did recently for Ldap to implement a
LdapRbacManager (mapping of ldap groups to archiva roles).
BTW feel free to move discussion to dev@

Posted by Ronoaldo Pereira Oferta Única <rp...@ofertaunica.com.br>.
Thank you Olivier,

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.