Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <we...@fischerthomas.info> on 2008/05/09 15:56:37 UTC

[Axis2] It is possible to invoke WSDL2.0 described REST Service with a dynamic service client?

Hello,

I hope you can help me. I have a set of REST services described with WSDL
2.0. It is possible to invoke this service based on the WSDL 2.0 file with
an Axis2 serviceclient in a dynamic way?

I get the following error:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: WSDLException (at /description):
faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Expected element
'{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}definitions'.

This seems to me that axis2 doesn't support WSDL 2.0, or? This confuses me,
because I've read that axis2 supports WSDL2.0?
(http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-apacheaxis2/)

It would be really great I've someone could answer me if it is possible to
invoke a REST service with WSDL 2.0 description in Axis2.

Thanks!

Regards,

Thomas

Re: [Axis2] It is possible to invoke WSDL2.0 described REST Service with a dynamic service client?

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

You cannot use Service Client to invoke a REST service in a dynamic way at
the moment. May be a festure we can work on for the next release. But you
can use WSDL2Java to generate a stub and invoke your service in a RESTfull
manner though.

Thanks,
Keith.

--