Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Lukas Kahwe Smith <ml...@pooteeweet.org> on 2010/06/18 11:57:04 UTC

finding out why a document is in the result

Hi,

We want to tell the user why a document is in the result set. The first solution that came to mind here is using highlighting. However we do not really need to present the highlighted text, we just want to present the user a list of fields where we had matches (for example "address, hobbies, skills"). Furthermore with highlighting we are forced to set the given fields to stored, which doesnt make sense especially for one very long text field.

Is there some way I am missing to get just the list of fields per document in the result in which the query matched without having to set the given fields to stored?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org