Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by decoder <de...@own-hero.net> on 2006/11/12 17:46:45 UTC

New FuzzyOcr Development Release (3.4.x)

Hello all,

for those that are not on the devel-spam Mailing list, I'd like to
announce a new development release here.

If you are interested, our new website is located at
http://fuzzyocr.own-hero.net/

The branch has been tested by me and some other people and seems to be
very stable so far. This should be especially interesting for users of
2.3j or 2.3b which want to participate in testing.

Major Changes are:

For users of 2.3j:

- - Logging Facility was fixed, you can specify a logfile again without
getting the SA debug output into the logfile
- - New animated gifs are all deanimated properly now
- - No ImageMagick dependency anymore
- - Improved Utilities for the hash database a bit
- - Ocrad support

For users of 2.3b:

- - See http://www.joval.info/proj/FuzzyOcr-2.3j/CHANGES for changes
between 2.3b -> 2.3j, then read the above changes.

The main reason for this release was to give users a version which
also catches recent animated spam types, but also to show that we are
still alive ;)

Another major development branch is planned (3.5), it will hopefully
be the last release before we release a new version labeled as stable
with more features.

The main features which are planned for 3.4 -> 3.5 are:

- - Splitting FuzzyOcr into multiple .pm files for better maintaining
- - Config switches to disable scanning of specific extensions (like
tiff... many people don't want this)
- - Maximum image size and dimensions in configuration
- - autodisable_score also for a minimum score, so messages which are to
be considered ham already arent scanned anymore

If you have more feature requests, ideas, bugs, or anything, please
create a ticket on the mentioned website :)

Best regards,

Chris