Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Scott Kinney <sc...@stem.com> on 2016/05/26 21:33:55 UTC

connecting to s3

I followed the steps here...

https://drill.apache.org/blog/2014/12/09/running-sql-queries-on-amazon-s3/

I have confirmed the aws key work.

Drill version 1.6.0

jets3t version 0.9.2

created the storage plugin in the web ui calling it s3-foo-bar then run...

use `s3-foo-bar`.`root`;

Error:

org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserException: SYSTEM ERROR: ServiceException: Service Error Message.

Caused by: org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.DrillRuntimeException: Failed to create schema tree: org.jets3t.service.ServiceException: Service Error Message. -- ResponseCode: 403, ResponseStatus: Forbidden, XML Error Message: <?xml version="1.0" encoding
="UTF-8"?><Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>95BB171A886F3C27</RequestId><HostId>NLoKTo5jzzBS3j0mIRUeVwF8tGvTFUh/4jJrkPr+0U6kjo1e3t7uX3wv2Thkb1G/+/ZDODJXbVE=</HostId></Error>

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks all,

________________________________
Scott Kinney | DevOps
stem <http://www.stem.com/>   |   m  510.282.1299
100 Rollins Road, Millbrae, California 94030

This e-mail and/or any attachments contain Stem, Inc. confidential and proprietary information and material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use or distribution that has not been expressly authorized by Stem, Inc. is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.

Re: connecting to s3

Posted by Scott Kinney <sc...@stem.com>.
Perfect!
Thank you so much.

________________________________
Scott Kinney | DevOps
stem   |   m  510.282.1299

Posted by scott cote <sc...@me.com>.
My post is dated also :)

Eventually got around it. but I don’t remember how at the moment.

No worries

SCott

Re: connecting to s3

Posted by Nathan Griffith <ng...@dremio.com>.