Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Alex Colic <al...@pop-ware.com> on 2001/09/21 17:10:45 UTC

Newbie: socket appender-Addition

Hi,

sorry I forgot to include my code samples.

My Properties file has the following:

log4j.appender.SOCKET=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.SOCKET.RemoteHost=ws30
log4j.appender.SOCKET.Port=10003
log4j.appender.SOCKET.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%t]
(%F:%L)-(%M)-(%d{ISO8601})-%m%n

One of my classes, Monitor, has the following:

 private static final Category
cat=Category.getInstance(Monitor.class.getName());

and within the methods I have:

    if(cat.isInfoEnabled())
      {
        cat.info("Port: " + port);
      }

I think the messages are going down the socket but the VB app is not reading
them correctly. I think some of the characters are unprintable and it seems
that the string is being truncated into two character sets.

Any help is appreciated.

Alex

RE: Newbie: socket appender-Addition

Posted by Craig Newlander <cn...@eqtc.com>.
Try chainsaw - a java gui for log4j events.

http://www.geocities.com/oburn/