Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de> on 2022/07/11 17:21:09 UTC

wrong commit msg in jbig2

There's a wrong commit message and I can't use

     git commit --amend -m "PDFBOX-4892: update rat"
     git push --force-with-lease

because I get "Rewinding refs/heads/master is forbidden" and "[remote
rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)", I assume they
have disabled such dangerous stuff.

I could probably create a new branch from at the previous position, redo
the commit properly, push, and then make this the new master branch, but
I'm reluctant to take this risk.

Tilman

Re: wrong commit msg in jbig2

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 11.07.22 um 19:21 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
> There's a wrong commit message and I can't use
>
>      git commit --amend -m "PDFBOX-4892: update rat"
>      git push --force-with-lease
>
> because I get "Rewinding refs/heads/master is forbidden" and "[remote rejected]
> master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)", I assume they have disabled such
> dangerous stuff.
>
> I could probably create a new branch from at the previous position, redo the
> commit properly, push, and then make this the new master branch, but I'm
> reluctant to take this risk.
I'm not a git pro so that I don't have any idea what to do in such cases.

Andreas