Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by yvrtony <yv...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/08 08:42:20 UTC

Grails plugin can't make use of AuthorizingRealm.doGetAuthorizationInfo()?

Hi, all -

I'm working the Shiro plugin for Grails v1.1.1 and I'm not clear on how the
integration to Shiro's AuthorizingRealm class works.  I'm trying to extend
this class, but I'm getting some errors I don't understand.

I've implemented both doGetAuthenticationInfo and doGetAuthorizationInfo,
and so far only doGetAuthenticationInfo works.  Here's what I've noticed:

- my doGetAuthorizationInfo method isn't being called
- instead, via the accessControl() call from SecurityFilters, a call is made
to a non-existent method in my realm, namely: No signature of method:
MyRealm.isPermitted() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String,
org.apache.shiro.authz.permission.WildcardPermission)
- my understanding is that if I implement doGetAuthorizationInfo, I don't
need to implement the isPermitted methods
- the example realm generated by the shiro-quick-start, however, does not
extend AuthorizingRealm and does implement its on isPermitted method(s)

Is anyone successfully extending the AuthorizingRealm class via the Shiro
Grails plugin?

Thanks,
Tony