Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2000/11/02 02:42:43 UTC

[SUBMIT]: ant tasks for c#/.net

I've done a fair revision of that first post of a C# compile task I posted
last week.So ignore that one completely.

Changes
-moved to a new package: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net;
-expanded the C# class slightly (CSharp.java)
-teased half the code out into a NetCommand class which aggregates an
Execute with a Commandline
-added an assembler for IL (Ilasm.java)
-added a skinny covering note and detailed task documentation -the latter
comes from the
javadoc of the file though it can be move.

I know some people have strong feelings about C# and the .net program, and I
understand why. But it looks like I will soon be developing for both
'universal platforms for the internet' and it would be nice have a unified
build tool. Plus if the CLR runtime and .net build tools ever go cross
platform, ant will be ready.

-Steve

Re: [SUBMIT]: ant tasks for c#/.net

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Posted by James Duncan Davidson <du...@x180.com>.
On 11/6/00 5:21 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <bo...@bost.de> wrote:

> Does anybody here have problems with an optional task that allows C#
> compilation?
>
> I don't see a problem, we could have <cc> or <f90> or whatever IMHO.

As optional, no. I don't see a problem. <cobal> would be fine by me as an
optional. :)

--
James Duncan Davidson                                        duncan@x180.com
                                                                  !try; do()

Re: [SUBMIT]: ant tasks for c#/.net

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 SL> Changes

 SL> -moved to a new package: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net

Steve, any problems with making that

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.dotnet

?

A package named *.net usually implies something related to networking
in Java (I'd see the rough telnet task there for example). If it's OK
for you I'm going to change the files and commit it in .dotnet.

 SL> I know some people have strong feelings about C# and the .net
 SL> program, and I understand why.

Does anybody here have problems with an optional task that allows C#
compilation?

I don't see a problem, we could have <cc> or <f90> or whatever IMHO.

Stefan