Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com> on 2012/05/10 18:15:40 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1336772 - in /ofbiz/trunk/tools: mergefromtrunk.bat mergefromtrunk.sh

On 05/10/2012 11:13 AM, doogie@apache.org wrote:
> Author: doogie
> Date: Thu May 10 16:13:23 2012
> New Revision: 1336772

> Log:
> FEATURE/OPTIMIZE: Copied these from the release12.04 branch(using svn copy).  Having to manually add them to each new release branch is quite sub-optimal; we also lose out on any revision history.  I see no harm in having them always available.
>
> Added:
>     ofbiz/trunk/tools/mergefromtrunk.bat   (props changed)
>       - copied unchanged from r1336770, ofbiz/branches/release12.04/mergefromtrunk.bat
>     ofbiz/trunk/tools/mergefromtrunk.sh   (props changed)
>       - copied unchanged from r1336770, ofbiz/branches/release12.04/mergefromtrunk.sh

I'd like to backport this commit to release12.04, and remove those
files from the top-level.  However, I'm not certain where it is
documented that these scripts exist(someplace on the wiki, I believe).
 When that happens, the wiki would need to be changed as well.

Re: svn commit: r1336772 - in /ofbiz/trunk/tools: mergefromtrunk.bat mergefromtrunk.sh

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On May 10, 2012, at 6:15 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

> On 05/10/2012 11:13 AM, doogie@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: doogie
>> Date: Thu May 10 16:13:23 2012
>> New Revision: 1336772

>> Log:
>> FEATURE/OPTIMIZE: Copied these from the release12.04 branch(using svn copy).  Having to manually add them to each new release branch is quite sub-optimal; we also lose out on any revision history.  I see no harm in having them always available.
>>
>> Added:
>>    ofbiz/trunk/tools/mergefromtrunk.bat   (props changed)
>>      - copied unchanged from r1336770, ofbiz/branches/release12.04/mergefromtrunk.bat
>>    ofbiz/trunk/tools/mergefromtrunk.sh   (props changed)
>>      - copied unchanged from r1336770, ofbiz/branches/release12.04/mergefromtrunk.sh
>
> I'd like to backport this commit to release12.04, and remove those
> files from the top-level.

+1 I think it is a good idea (and thanks for fixing the ant targets in them)

Jacopo