Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michel Jubault <mi...@free.fr> on 2003/08/02 15:44:44 UTC

Running external C routine from a servlet ? Please help me !!!!

Hi there !

I'm running a little C program from a servlet. I'm using runtime, process
and exec to do this. I gather the result in an inputstream. In fact there's
no pb on that.
The problem is rather a path problem. All servlets in my app are using
relative path to found the others and properties file ie the working
directory is myapp/WEB-INF/classes. But for C program the default path is
always the home path ie /root or /home/user.
I must build the complete absolute path to launch my C routine. I don't
understand why the default path isn't the classes path as for servlet.
I'm running under linux Red HAT 7.3, java 1.4.1_02, Tomcat 4.1.24.

Is there any config  file to modify in tomcat, linux or java?

Please help !

Many thanks in advance !

Michel