Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <ma...@snyltarna.se> on 2007/08/16 19:46:56 UTC

annotations are not supported in -source 1.3

I get this error message when I run "mvn compile"

annotations are not supported in -source 1.3
(try -source 1.5 to enable annotations)

How is that? When I check "java -version" I get

java version "1.5.0_07"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-164)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode, sharing)

Why can't I compile?

Re: annotations are not supported in -source 1.3

Posted by Gisbert Amm <gi...@webde.de>.
Just for the reference:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCOMPILER-57

-Gisbert

--
Gisbert Amm
Softwareentwickler Infrastruktur

WEB.DE GmbH
Brauerstraße 48 · D-76135 Karlsruhe
Tel. +49-721-91374-4224 · Fax +49-721-91374-2740
gisbert.amm@webde.de · http://www.web.de/

Re: annotations are not supported in -source 1.3

Posted by "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <ma...@snyltarna.se>.
But I have? I've posted my pom and hibernate is in the dependency!

Re: annotations are not supported in -source 1.3

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Simply having the files in your repo is not sufficient. You must add
<dependencies> in your pom for each artifact that your project
requires at compile, test, or runtime.

I highly recommend you read one of the free pdf/ebooks on Maven -- one
is from www.devzuz.com and another is from www.sonatype.com.

Wayne

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Google.com "maven compile source target"