Posted to users@camel.apache.org by dermoritz <ta...@hotmail.com> on 2015/10/14 16:26:34 UTC

.parallelProcessing vs .thread(i)

I just found out about .thread(numberOfThreads) but until now i only used
"parallelProcessing()" (on splitter, aggregator). Since i have got a problem
with parallelProcessing on aggregator
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-9222), i tried it with "thread"
and this is working!

What is the difference of both?

Re: .parallelProcessing vs .thread(i)

Posted by dermoritz <ta...@hotmail.com>.
u get the same with "exectorService(ex)".

so let me reformulate my question: what is the difference
parallelProcessing()/executorService(ex) vs. threads.

what i carried out in meantime (camel in action):

parallelProcessing is specific to specific patterns (like splitter,
aggregator) it seems that they implement it differently.
threads() is newer and provides parallel processing for all pattern.

For me there is no reason to use parallelProcessing() again? Or are there
use cases where it fits better?

Re: .parallelProcessing vs .thread(i)

Posted by Sashika <sa...@gmail.com>.
An extract from Camel in action book

"parallelProcessing will use a default thread pool to achieve concurrency."

"The Threads EIP is the only EIP that has additional options in the DSL
offering fine grained definition of the thread pool to be used."

Hope this helps for some extent