Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/03/10 23:00:10 UTC

j-t-c standalone releases ?

If I remember well, it was decided some time ago it was ok to release
connectors as modules for Tomcat.
Since I'd like to distribute beta versions of Coyote, I went ahead and
created some binary distribution directories.
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/release/v1
.0-b1/

I labelled it as beta, as it passes the test suites for Tomcat, and was able
to sucessfully go through some WebDAV-based uploading test (I didn't test
SSL at all, though). This version doesn't include the TC 3 code, as I
packaged it yesterday.

I plan to link the
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/ directory from
the Tomcat binary distribution readme
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.3/README.ht
ml and then post an announcement on tomcat-user.

Is it ok with everyone ?

Remy

Re: j-t-c standalone releases ?

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
> If I remember well, it was decided some time ago it was ok to release
> connectors as modules for Tomcat.
> Since I'd like to distribute beta versions of Coyote, I went ahead and
> created some binary distribution directories.

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/release/v1
> .0-b1/
>
> I labelled it as beta, as it passes the test suites for Tomcat, and was
able
> to sucessfully go through some WebDAV-based uploading test (I didn't test
> SSL at all, though). This version doesn't include the TC 3 code, as I
> packaged it yesterday.

Just as well, since last night's is very buggy and tonight's still has
problems. :)
+1

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>